Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone

I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day today. Mine was a very quiet one spent at home on my own. Sometimes in this crazy world, days like today are very much needed by some of us. To me today would have been so much nicer had I been with my true love.

There are some women out there who are associated one way or another to a Truck Driver. You are a mother, wife, sister, daughter or girlfriend of a Truck Driver. You are probably like me and spend a fair amount of time on your own. Holidays come and no matter how much you plan to not get upset that He can't make it home you still do get upset. You try very hard not to point a finger at him and say "You promised that we would spend this day, this weekend or this week together and you weren't here" You don't mean to get upset but after so many promises and the best one "I guarantee" it is very hard not to be upset or hurt. I am a Truck Driver's Wife and I know all to well all about the above mentioned feelings. I love my Husband dearly but sometimes it is very hard to sit back and just accept these words.
I have been thinking of starting a Support Group for Women Associated to Truck Drivers. I think that it would be a great way for Women who are still "New to the Truck Drivers' World or those of us that have been around it for awhile. For those of you that don't know the anxieties that we go through each and every time our guys go out that front door please just be there for us to lean on.
Always remember if it is on your table, in your cupboard, in your driveway or on your back:

"Our Truck Drivers Brought it to you Safe and Sound"  

Here is the reason why they don't get home sometimes or why the load is a little longer in getting there.
So ladies the next time He is a little longer getting home just remember that the job he is doing is important to a lot of people besides us, their "Only Support Team". Greet them at the door with a smile, a hug and a kiss. Let them know how much you value them and the job they do. Remember each and everytime "you point a finger at them four (4) fingers are pointing back at YOU"
Lots of love to everyone but especially to my
One and Only, my Girls and my Grandkids.
I love you all.   


No comments:

Post a Comment