Thursday, February 16, 2012

Early Morning Musings

I have always been an early riser and as the years are starting to creep up on me I find it harder and harder to sleep in later. I am so afraid of missing something awesome that my God has prepared for me to see. So this morning I was up at my usual crack of dawn time of day and going through my normal morning routines. My favourite Buddy, Rosco, always wakes me with a shaking of his ears; "Mom it is time for us to get up. I need to go outside" And so my day starts. While he is out wandering around our backyard I usually put the seed into the bird feeder for my feathered friends. It has been such a mild winter this year that the only little birds that have been coming have been the Chickadees and the Sparrows.

Below I have posted a picture of a beautiful Cardinal that came all last winter. I have seen him with his mate only once this year. I am not really sure why they are not coming anymore, other then that I have changed the style of feeder that I am using.


This is a picture of my Buddy, Rosco, who thinks that he should be a truck driver.
I have been trying to get into the habit of setting up my coffee maker the night before so I only have to turn it on in the morning. Then while I am doing all these other things that I do, my coffee is brewing and I am ready to do my devotions and plan my day.
So the plan for today is to get some sewing done for my Etsy Stores. On the agenda today are Decorative Shabby Chic Style Tea Towels for Spring and Easter.
They have Easter Eggs and a Bunny on one end of them. So very, very cute. When I have a set done I will post a picture of them here for y'all to see with a link to my Etsy site. I have also been doing some hand crocheting of beautiful pinks, greens and white doilies. They will also be going up on my Cranberry Cottage52 Etsy Site.
So very very busy we are in our neck of the woods.
No wonder we get up so early in the morning. Here is a favorite phrase of mine, especially in the Summer time.

"Do Not Go Back to Sleep,
For the Morning Breeze,
Has Secrets to tell You"

The following is a verse that I always try to remember when things are getting tough and I don't know what to do? I hope it will help you to remember that God will always provide if it is His Will that you are following and Believing In.

Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value then they?"

Until my next Blog,
Linda and Roscoe

etsy.com/shop/cranberrycottage52
etsy.com/shop/weebeginnings56



1 comment:

  1. Yes Linda,
    I say that verse, Matthew 6:26, also when I feel despair about how I will make it. But it's true, I somehow always get what I need, God always provides a way, and takes care of me. I know I will always be okay, because "his eye is on the sparrow, and I know who holds my hand!"
    I just found you at the ECS Cottage Garden Party! I'll be your newest follower.
    Be blessed, Linda

    ReplyDelete